Chicken fragrant with coconut milk, ginger, chilli and garlic, a salad of watercress and Asian pear with a mint and coriander dressing.
Chic, pretty and stylish and with a wardrobe of clothes to match, my friend Rebecca is a true girl- about- town who loves to dine out on her buying trips to London. Enjoying a light, one- course lunch between business meetings helps to keep her in touch with all the latest dining trends without challenging her waistline. Always hungry for news of the latest culinary zeitgeist in the city, I beg her for details of what she ate and how it tasted and this latest dish sampled at Granger & co gives me just the buzz I am looking for. Get ready for some mouth popping flavour, because you are going to LOVE this dish!
4 chicken breasts, skin removed
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
I tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
1-2 fresh chillies, finely chopped
3-4 kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon soya sauce or coconut amino
1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
1 stalk lemongrass
400 ml can coconut milk or cream
5 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
I teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
Freshly chopped mint and coriander
- Place chicken, garlic, ginger, chillies, lime leaves, salt, soya sauce and coconut milk in a pan.
- Bash the lemongrass with a meat tenderiser and add that as well.
- If necessary, add a little water so that liquid covers the chicken.
- Cook on a moderate heat and bring to the boil. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to cool.
- For the dressing, simply whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and seasoning together then stir in the herbs
- For the salad, core and slice pear and add to the watercress and toss in the dressing.
- Place half an avocado on each serving plate and drizzle with dressing.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and arrange next to the avocado. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. If the sauce is a little too thick, thin it down with a little coconut milk. Then, finally make a little pile of salad on the plate to finish.